S.M.A.S.H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for S.M.A.S.H

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears Empty
PostSubject: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 12:27

Allrighty, I finally made some time to post a commentary about the Headhammer vs. Bear semi-final match.

Going into the game, the teams had tied on both previous outings. After some quick post season firings and trimming, the Bears were working with a $210,000 inducement difference and decided to go with a Wizard and a Bloodweiser babe. Bears won the coin toss and elected to receive. The Headhammerer's decided to keep ol' Headcrusher and Splat the Deathroller off the pitch for the first half, hoping that potentially a "Get the Ref" would come up on a kick-off table allowing for a free bribe. 14K worth of fans came out to cheer for both teams, putting the gate at a meager 28k, dissapointingly low for a semi-final match.

After winning the coin toss, things were looking good for the Bears especially after one of their fans decided to throw a rock at poor lineman, Gund Hammersmith, stunning him and making a nice hole in the dwarven line. On the other hand, that was one of the few glimmers of brightness the Bears would have in the opening turns of the first half. Things started to go downhill for the Bears on the second play they attempted when thrower Keller Orton could not pick up the ball, even with Sure Hands. The Dwarves started thowing some blocks, but with nothing major happening the Bears were up again. Things took another turn for the worse when blitzer "Woogie" Woogheim attempted to dodge out of a tackle zone and got smacked for it. The Dwarves, sensing that the bad luck of the Bears might continue threw some more blocks and started to move deep into the Bears half hoping to put some more pressure on the backfield. Despite feeling the hot breath of slayer Nutcrusher breathing down his neck, Keller Orton tried to remain cool under the pressure and went to grab the ball again (or was it a dodge, I was in to much shock).. only to buckle under the intense pressure and fumble for the second time. Seizing the oppurtunity, Nutcrusher snapped up the ball and ran it in to the endzone for the first TD of the game, and his first TD ever.. actually, it was the first time he had ever laid his hands on a Bloodbowl ball. The Bears did the near impossible.. 6 of their first 7 dice rolls of the game were 1's.

After switching up dice (I think they might of even found their way into the garbage), the Bears came out with focus and determination. In a surprising play that shocked all, Mulk saw the oppurtunity he'd been waiting for all season. Spying the Headhammerer's star runner Oli "Crazy Legs" Grasscrusher with his back towards him while trying to scramble for the ball, Mulk left the line of scrimmage and went barelling down on Oli with all his strength. Oli was struck with a sickening crunch. He wasn't moving and the dwarf crowd was stunned into silence. The effect was devastating to the dwarves, and the Bears took advantage of it. Mulk, getting a taste for dwarf blood blood for the first time, liked it. Spying the other lightly armored runner, Grog Stonefoot scrambling for the ball as well, Mulk lined him up and ran him through with similar devastating effect. Grog's leg twisted at the knee and snapped out of place. He immediately passed out from the pain. The Bears took quick advantage of the change in momentum and deftly completed a pass for a quick TD shortly afterwards. With both runners out, the blitzers were being upgraded to ball handling duty. Going into the second half, the game was tied at 1 and both teams had people in the injury box.

During half time, dwarf cutman Krill "The Stitch" put all of his effort into saving poor Oli's life. Some gods must owe Krill a favor or two, because he was able to work some magic and pull Oli back from the brink. Not only was he up and running before the match was over, it looks like he'll be making the next game as well. Grog took his second bad injury to the same leg this season. As much as he was trying to hobble around during half time, he couldn't put any weight at all on his leg. Not only is he out for next game, but it appears that smashed leg will be giving him some permanent and niggling problems.

With the Bears luck starting to turn around a bit, the Headhammerer's decided to try and shift the momentum back by giving Headcrusher and Splat the ok to head out onto the field. Lining up directly in front of Mulk, they were hoping to even score with the ogre after the hurt he put he put on their runners. With the half starting, the dwarves quickly formed up along the left side and made a strong running block as they barelled their way down the field. It was a bloody affair indeed as the Deathroller churned up humans and Mulk continued his one man devastation of the dwarves. Mulk broke off the line yet again to throw a blitz out of nowhere, laying out poor blitzer Borg "Chunky" Dunderstein. Not only did this cause a fumble from the dwarves, but Chunky was to shaken up and he was out for the game. Splat was hot on the heels of Mulk and was seeking to roll him down with his back turned. Mulk turned and braced at the last moment, and they both went down. Luckily for Mulk, he was just shaken up for a bit, but Splat was rightfully upended and the scary machine shuddered to a halt. Time was running out for both teams and with the last moments of the half ticking down, the Bears finally wrestled the ball away from the dwarves, but didn't half enough time to put a drive together. The game was going to overtime!

The Headhammerer's were down to 9 players opposed to the Bears 10 (The bloodweiser girls were working overtime to keep those humans on the field). Winning the kick-off, the dwarves quickly went to work tallying up some quick blocks. Neither team had any re-rolls left, so every dice roll counted. The dwarves kept steady control of the ball and in the fifth turn of overtime, were able to run the ball in despite a couple tense go for it rolls. (I would provide more details, but the beers and stress are making things fuzzy).

So, after was all said and done, the Headhammerer's advance to the finals but will be without the help of their Str 4 runner. I'd contemplate buying a new one and firing him, but str 4 is so rare, it's nice to have and people usually dont suspect it on the lightly armored fella.

One thing I should note is that Ryan definitely outplayed me all game, and should of won the game. His dice just took a major crap on him. The first TD I got was pretty much a freebie after the 6 ones in his first 7 rolls. As well, and I know this sits bitter with the Bears, the wizard forgot to make an appearance. As I was telling Ryan, my jedi mind trick must be working good since I've got my opponents to forget about their wizards three times now..

Good game Ryan and thanks for it! I'm now really hoping that Ivan and Cam put some serious hurt each other. Id love nothing else then to play Ivan's team without any mummies or Cam's team without that snow troll or pesky Ulfwerener's!

I guess as a closing note, I should mention the last roll Ryan made was for his winnings.. and came up with yet another one. Tough one man.. shake it off and get ready for the new season! New season = New dice!
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 12:41

It was a definate nail biter and probably the funnest game I've played so far. Like Ivan mention, I was a definate rollercoaster of emotions. Mulk Featherstomper FINALY proved to me why I should have him on my team, Injuring 3 players AND knocking the Deathroller out of commission. I'll get you yet Robyn. No bitterness here, I couldn't have lost to a better team. Good luck in the finals.

Oh and by the way Robyn, Jedi mind tricks are now illegal and against the rules.
Correction, Jedi mind tricks are completely fine and within league context - "Wait a minute, What the Hell?"
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 14:31

Yeah, Mulk pulled his weight taht game, thats for sure.. he double his casualties in one game didn't he, or did he have 4 going in? Hammerhead had a strong start making it up to 8, but he's been without a casualty for the past three games.. he's going to have to step it up in the final here.

Ill be down this Wed. checking out the competition while Ivan abnd Cam wrap up their overtime round. I'll also be highly encouraging cheap plays, risky blocks, etc.

As a side not, I forgot to mention that for the first time of the entire league, the player who got MVP was the one who deserved, the blitzer who scored the OT goal took it home.. very fitting.

I forgot to make one skill roll for Nutcrusher who got his first skill upgrade after getting the touchdown. I'll bring some dice down on Wednesday and make a roll for everyone to see. I'm crossing my fingers for a Str upgrade !!
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 15:51

Yah, Mulk doubled up his casualties that game; 3 up to six. 4 in his last 2 games. I thought you rolled for Nutcrusher and got a new skill? Or was that for someone else who went up?
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 16:37

Yup, that was for my blitzer who picked up 8 points that game after getting the TD and the MVP. Nutcrusher went from 4 SPP to 7 SPP after his TD. This will be his first skill up, which is pretty pathetic considering all my linemen have gotten skills.. He's got to start pulling his weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears   Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi Finals - Headhammerer's vs. Bears
Page 1 of 1