S.M.A.S.H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for S.M.A.S.H

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines Empty
PostSubject: Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009 - 12:05

The weather was sweltering heat, meaning the players would have to try to not over exert themselve so as not to need to sit out due to exhaustion.
The undead took thier $250,000 woth of inducements in the form of a wizard and an igor, and proceded to win the coin toss and chose to recieve.

The Bears kicked a very short ball (scattered one space in from the half, right in the middle of the field) and then called a blitz (kick of tabel result) catching the Guillotines completely off guard. After knocking down a Mummy with some assists to a blitz, the Bears thrower "Second-string" Sodburg was able to pick-up the ball using his sure hands and throw it back to catcher "Leapin'" Ludwig behind the bears line. What a lucky break for the Bears. A turn later Ludwig, only yards from the endzone, is blasted by a lightning bolt (needed to use a re-roll to get it) and stunned. Luckily for the Bears star Blitzer Werner "Woogie" Woogheim is there to scoop up the ball and run it in for the first TD of the game.

A couple players from both sides fell to the heat but were replaced with reserves.
Guillotine next drive, ball was kicked deep to and they started their drive. But not having any re-rolls left the Bears were able to pressure the Undead and "Second-string" Sodburg was able to complete another pass to "Leapin''' Ludwig who ran in for the Bears second TD.

Only one turn left in the first half and the Bears kicked off. Mulk Featherstomper, the Bears Ogre, thinking the half was pretty much over didn't pay full attention, or seem to care about Guillontine skeleton "Lucky" coming at him with a block. Bad move on Mulk's part as the skeleton jabbed his fingers into the big guy's eye. The Bears apothecary had a look at it over half time, but there was nothing she could do. Mulk would be missing the rest of the game and spend the next game recovering.

Second half saw the Guillotines kicking off to the Bears still in the sweltering heat. Bears star thrower Keller Orton picked up the ball and threw a pass to star catcher "Hoppin'" Heinz Fleeburg who on the second turn was in the endzone for the Bears third TD.

Bears kick off and the Guillotines score quickly by faking to the right and then powering down the left with a group of wights and ghouls. Guillotines first TD

Disaster for the Guillotines, both Mummy's fall to the heat and have to sit out. Kick-off, and again Keller Orton to Heinz Fleeburg, and the Bears score quickly again.

Then the Bears feel the heat and are only able to field nine players for the kick-off, and after a fight breaks out the ref turns back the clock. The Guillotines make a final push for the endzone an bash some players around but fail to score when the only ghoul in scoring position falls on his face after blitzing out of the triple coverage he was in.

Fun game and a blowout for the humans, I had fun, Ivan says he didn't. But too bad for him... Ha!
Nuffle was definately on the Bears side in the first half especially on the opening kick off. Thanks for the game Ivan, you made whoever is my next opponent happy that you made the Ogre have to sit out.
Back to top Go down
Coach Killemall
Lineman
Coach Killemall

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009 - 15:52

Consarnet!

I am going to blame the shoddy homefield turf for that one. Cheers and thanks for the game. I think with the new coaching changes the Guillotines made things are really going to turn around for them in the near future.

Killemall Esquire
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009 - 17:36

And what coaching changes are these? Forgive me if you told me after our game last night, it was late.
Back to top Go down
Coach Killemall
Lineman
Coach Killemall

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009 - 18:41

Gluvzer wrote:
And what coaching changes are these? Forgive me if you told me after our game last night, it was late.

I fired myself then proceeded to hire myself back on the sole condition that I wouldn't lose as often. I think these new changes to management will really benefit the team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Bridge City Bears vs.  Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridge City Bears vs. Graveyard Guillotines
Page 1 of 1