S.M.A.S.H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for S.M.A.S.H

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

INDUCEMENTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-17

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009 - 17:36

So, I thought I'd get a discussion going here.

What does everybody think of the inducements rules so far? Are they an effective equalizer? Or do they just not do enough? How have peoples experiences been so far?

I haven't used any yet. I've been pretty lucky so far in the fact that none on my team have died.
Back to top Go down
Lord_stash
Lineman
Lord_stash

Number of posts : 18

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2009 - 22:04

I have only had them once, and had an opponent use them once. It seems that they don't balance the game as well. I consider this an innitial observation since we only just started.

I have some observations however:

Inducements are really over costed as anyone can tell. If you are essentially bumped up to your opponents value, but can only spend it on over costed stuff, does it really help?

Second, when new teams join, they will statistically almost never catch up to other teams which are worth alot more, assuming they start at the $1mil mark (regardless of inducements). Wether you win or loose, you should gain the same amount of star player points on average and gain the same amount of gold (the winner may average 1-2K more). All teams should advance at about the same amount in SPP and $$ regardless of their value, hense the gap between new and old teams should stay roughly the same.

Morhiem had a system where you gained more experience for playing tougher teams. I think an idea along these lines may be needed when new players join, but of course we will see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 12:00

But you will have injury's and deaths as well. Losing that guy on your team with 150SPP's will be a huge hit to the value of the team. I think there is a large degree of luck involved when it comes to player survivablility (or just skilled dice rolling).

Myself, I have probably the most valuable team (right know) but I definately don't see it as a powerful team. I've been lucky with no deaths and been able to add players to nearly a full roster. Lots of back-ups means high team value I guess.

I am not undefeated, and inducements have definately made for some close games. For example, Ivan's Wizard could have easily KO'd or SI'd my catcher, but again only a lucky (for me) knock down and she was able to get up pick-up the ball and score the next turn. I won 1-0, easily could have been a different result.
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Number of posts : 78

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 17:35

I think the inducements are great. Mordheim did have the system that if you played someone tougher you got more money at the end, however.. if they were quite a bit stornge than you you were going to get slaughtered during the course of the game.

I think with some more practice we'll start to see some better effect with inducements. Against Ryan, I took a bloodweiser babe and a star player (Boomer, dwarf bombadier). The bloodweiser babe was useless, as I didnt get any Ko's and the bombadier was a hiuge mistake. Thinking back on it, I probably should of just taken a re-roll.

When the inducements get higher.. like lets say 200-300K for example... there are lots of star players that could cause trouble for my team. Griff would be a nightmare for me, any fast/catcher or skilled thrower for that matter. Halfling chef as well would hurt.. as I pretty much rely on my re-rolls alot.

I think the only problem were seeing with inducements right now is that we're just not used to them, and need a bit more practice. One thing that people forget is that you can take any of your 0-16 guys as an inducement at +30k their regular cost.

The whole bombadier experience has made me think twice about the Deathroller.. adding 160K to my team value for a dirty weapon is a tough call.
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 18:00

Robyn, Morheim was an experience bonus, not a $. You should know better.

Ya, your choices in our game didn't really make a difference. I still don't know how you got them. I know we tied, but honestly, I felt like I had the underpowered team especially in the second half, when I only had 7 players on the field.

But so far, I'll have to agree with Robyn on Inducements. I think a BB Babe is an awsome deal, some of those star players could be a real nightmare, and extra re-rolls can really change things in this game.
Back to top Go down
Lord_stash
Lineman
Lord_stash

Number of posts : 18

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 18:15

Agreed we need to play it out more, but I wanted to point out those two possibilities for consideration. Wink
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Number of posts : 78

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2009 - 23:48

I forgot about the xp bonus completely.. its been a long since I played Mordheim.. youch. I also jsut remembered you did value guys based on xp.. a long time indeed..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

INDUCEMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDUCEMENTS   INDUCEMENTS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INDUCEMENTS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.M.A.S.H  :: Blood Bowl Discussion :: Da art of Blocking-
Jump to: