S.M.A.S.H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for S.M.A.S.H

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 12:36

The two league commissioner's have a slap off and we don't even get a commentary.. let's hear it!

I just enjoy reading the game highlights and I figure it's easier to hassle you guys than the other slackers.
Back to top Go down
Cam
Commissionaire
Cam

Number of posts : 82

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 17:00

Unfortunately being league commissionaire comes with so many other duties, it is hard to find the time to indulge you. I will try to recount the game briefly however.

Right from the start the Cannibals rolled well, resulting in a whopping 17,000 fans, meaning they would have +1 Fame, and this would be important. The weather turned out to be nice blood bowl weather, so no modifiers were incurred.

The coin toss went to the cannibals. After catching the ball, the zombies quickly formed a box and attempted to drive up the center, where they stalled. The setback was overcome when the ball was handed off to the cannibal runner Steamer Entrail. He sped around the side of the melee, and ran it up the sideline with the help of some strategic blocking by his team mates to score the first touchdown.

After a quick victory dance to the tunes of the famous bard mad jako https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3-Hb9wF9s the cannibals lined up to kick.

The roll on the kickoff table was cheering fans. Due to the cannibals awesome dance the stadium roared in approval, and the extra re-roll went to the cannibals.

The kick was good and the bears picked up the ball easily. The made a quick push and Leapin Luthor broke through the Cannibals line, and quickly received an accurate pass, and proceeded to move 11 squares down the pitch coming up just short of the goal line. It looked like it would be a touchdown for the Bears, when Cannibals star player lineman tysus earchewer broke away for the blitz. There was a huge crunch as earchewer slammed into Luthor that sent the ball flying, and knocked luthor to the ground. While tysus was busy trying to gnaw through luthors helmet to get at the juicy ears below another team mate picked up the ball, and tried to mount a drive, but time ran out before anything could come of it.

The second half saw a continuation of the nice bloodbowl weather. Cannibals kick again, but because of their brilliant coaching they gain another free re-roll. It looked like the extra fame was really paying off. The kick is made, and the Bears fumble around trying to grab the ball but failing. This time the Cannibals push hard and make an opening allowing several linemen to surround the ball, and then grab it up before the Bears can get ahold of it. A huge melee ensues in the middle of the pitch, and Cannibals star player lineman Bjorn the Shamble puts his moniker to the axe, pushing out of the scrum and running straight into the endzone for the Cannibals second touchdown. Zombie dancing ensues.

The Cannibals line up for the kick, and due to their cheering fans they once again receive an extra re-roll. The kick is good, and the bears make another quick push, sending a catcher deep into Cannibals territory. The pass is made, and its good. Unfortunately the Bears catcher did not count on three cannibals breaking from midfield to run him down. The ball slips free again, and bounces around a bit before being recovered again by the Cannibals. Realizing that there was not enough time for another touchdown, the Cannibals fall upon several of the knocked down Bears, hoping to make a quick meal.

In the end there were no serious injuries on either side, and the game was a shut out, 2-0 Cannibals.
Back to top Go down
https://smashbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 14:48

Sounds like you had some luck on the kick-off table and took advantage of poor Mulk being out for a game. Steamer Entrail sound slike a dangerous fella, I'll be keeping an eye/boot on him when we play next!

Your also not allowed to include playing WOW as part of your official league duties...
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:13

Cam also decided NOT to mention the FOUR yes 4 instances when I rolled double skulls and used a re-roll to roll double skulls AGAIN. Did I mention that this happened four times?
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:26

That is just nasty.. and there's nothing you can even do to plan for that.. did it ever happen on the first block you through for the turn? man would that be rough.

Might have to start calling you "Double Skulls" Glover
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 15:39

I can't remember any happening right at the beginning of the turn but they were definately key situations. Like on Cam's first drive, Steamer had the ball in the middle and after some key blocks I was able to run two blitzers around either side of his line to get to Steamer with a blitz and roll double skulls twice in a row.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Hey! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.M.A.S.H  :: Game Day :: Game Commentaries-
Jump to: