S.M.A.S.H
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum for S.M.A.S.H

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines Empty
PostSubject: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009 - 12:03

Even though the game isn't happening until tommorow evening, I thought I'd offer a commentary early since we all know what's going to happen.

The Graveyard Guillotines had a tough night when they lost every single member of their team to casualities at the botton of turn 3 in the first half. The Guillotines were too busy focusing on claiming the bounty for Oli "Crazy Legs" Grasscrusher and completely forgot about the other 10 players on the pitch. The team sufferered a staggering 11 deaths in the most gruesome, one-sided, and entertaining game of Blood Bowl.. ever. Well, entertaining to the coach and fans of the Headhammerers at least.

Hammerstein wins 13-0.
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 14:00

Robyn, you own a magic 8-ball don't you?
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 14:39

It is certain.
Back to top Go down
Coach Killemall
Lineman
Coach Killemall

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 15:37

It sounds like somebody has been lacing the dwarf ale with hallucinogenics as they are obviously dreaming in Technicolor if they think they are somehow going to eak by the guillotines with a win. Not to worry, I hear that a few knocks on the head will help the lot of them get their collective heads straight and whoa nelly, the Guillotines are bringing the PAIN TRAIN!
Back to top Go down
Cam
Commissionaire
Cam

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 16:05

You for got to make the pain train sounds! If its game time its pain time! WOOOO WOOOO!!
Back to top Go down
https://smashbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 10:36

Well, I wasn't to far off when I peered into my crystal ball yesterday. My prediction of 13-0 actually ended up being 1-3 for the dwarves, just a small hyphen misinterpretation of my vision.

Things started off good for the Guillotines when they ended up with a few more fans than the dwarves. It must of been a pretty anticipated game as the gate came in at 34,000 total. The Guillotines then won the coin flip and opted to receive. Unfortunately for everyone, including the fans, the game was going to be taking place in sweltering heat. This was looking bad for the dwarves, with only one linemen in the reserve box, opposed to the Guillotines 4.

The kick-off happened with the Guillotines getting the advantage of a quick snap. Star player Hacken Slash showed up to help cut through the tough armor of those dwarves. Moving into the dwarves side of the pitch, blocks started being tossed. Things were looking a bit dire for Hammerhead after being smacked down a mummy and having Hacken Slash standing above him revving his chainsaw's motor. The dwarves caught a lucky break though when the Guillotine thrower failed to pick up the ball and Ivan decided to hang onto his precious 2 re-rolls and end the turn.

I think this is when everything turned around for the Guillotines very quickly. If Hacken could of taken out Hammerhead, the game could of ended up very different. As it was, Hammerhead jumped up and smacked Hacken Slash onto his ass. The chainsaw kicked back and took the Star Player out for the rest of the game. The dwarves made a few pushes back and forth without anything too important happening and the Guillotines scored first with a pass from ghoul to ghoul.

After checking for our sweltering heat rolls, the Guillotines had to sit out 2 skeletons and the dwarves managed to escape with no exhaustions. The dwarves received the kick just when a riot broke out in the stands. It was a slow but steady drive with the ball bouncing loose multiple times. The dwarves were able to run it in on the bottom of 8th turn to tie things up.

With the second half starting, the dwarves were set to receive the kick-off. Checking for heat exhaustion again, the dwarves did have to send off a runner. The Guillotines however, were more susceptible to the overwhelming heat and had to send off three players to recuperate! Add this to a couple KO's that didn't come back (I think you only made one KO roll the entire game) and a casualty and the Guillotines were looking severely outnumbered to start the second half.

The dwarves laid into the undead hard to start to the second half and drove the ball up fast. The KO and casualty bin started to fill up quicker now that dwarves had the numbers on their side. The big play came when Hammerhead finally took out a mummy after 12 turns of throwing blocks at him. Unfortunately for Ivan, he failed his regeneration roll (he failed all four he had to make) and the mummy was out for the game. The dwarves scored mid-way through the secod half to take the lead 2-1.

With another round of exhaustion rolls, the undead were down 2 more, plus only one of the 4 in the KO box came back plus a few casualties had the Guillotines lining up only 8 guys. Thw dwarves, being the tough and hardy folk they are, fought through the sweltering heat without a problem. The weather finally broke, although the heat turned into extremely sunny which meant penalties for all passes, another bad turn for the Guillotines, but at least no more exhaustion rolls. The Guillotines threw a few blocks, but it was rough going being both outnumbered and having both mummies out for the drive. After a bit of struggling in the middle, the ball finally bounced loose and Oli was able to run it in for a TD to make it 3-1 for the Dwarves. A quick line up for the last drive saw a mummy shambling his way back out of the KO box. Without the ability to score, the Guillotines opted to try and cash in on some bounties. The mummy blitzed Hammerhead but only got a push and after a few more smacks back and forth, the game ended.

Good game Ivan! I'd claim stunning tactics and gameplay for the win, but after your first TD you were outnumbered on every drive... and when your outnumbered and facing multiple guys with guard, it's just a recipe for disaster. So, a win for the Headhammerer's, but with alot of help from the Guillotines themselves especially for taking out your own guys. 0/4 on the regeneration rolls, 1 for how many on the KO come backs, and 6 exhaustion rolls.. ouch!
Back to top Go down
Coach Killemall
Lineman
Coach Killemall

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 10:52

BAH!...

I want a do-over, don't we get like 1 mulligan each league?

All kidding aside, thanks again for the game, it will only make the Guillotine victory next game that much sweeter!
Back to top Go down
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer
Coach Kallidon

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 11:44

I was getting a little worried after your first drive there, where you got my guys out of position fast and got ghouls zipping away with some fancy passing and a quick TD.

Thankfully though, you made sure you only two ghouls on at any given time for the rest of the game which made it a bit harder to break free with all those tacklers lurking about.
Back to top Go down
Gluvzer
Commissionaire
Gluvzer

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 12:44

Coach Killemall wrote:

All kidding aside, thanks again for the game, it will only make the Guillotine victory next game that much sweeter!

I'm pretty sure you mean a few games from your next. You are playing the Bears on Monday if you'd just remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines   Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammerstein Headhammerers vs. Graveyard Guillotines
Page 1 of 1