Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: FUMBBL Site   Thu 19 Mar 2009 - 13:38

http://fumbbl.com/

This is the site for a simple, java based bloodbowl program. It's all based in 4th edition, so it is a step back, but the basics all remain the same. I haven't played any opponents yet, but I may give it a try in the next few weeks in the rookie league. If anyone else installs it, let me know and maybe we can try a game.

At the very least its agood way to try out some of the other teams available to see if you like them before buying it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
Commissionaire

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 3:50

Hey what division or league or whatever are you in. IF i sign up we could have a game.

Blitzer

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 9:42

Hmm, I cant remember exactly, but it was the one where you could still play ranked games, but it was for beginners. My login name is Kallidon though, I remember that much.

I recreated a team exactly the same as the current dwarf team I have, but from scratch. Howver if you wanted to play a few games I'd switch it over to Orks or Humans or Necros or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gluvzer
Commissionaire

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 10:22

I won't get a chance to check out the link untill I get home tonight. Do you actually play out a game with animated players (a cheap computer game)? If so, sounds kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 10:34

Yup, you sure do. It's about as basic and crappy as you can get.. a top down view of the field and your guys are just little representations.. it's a java based based game. However, if that doesnt bother you it's a great representation f the game. Your guys get XP and you roll online dice for their advances, etc. so I think it would still be alot of fun.

The only negative I see is that it's 4th edition Bloodbowl so some rules are just a bit off form the edition we're playing. One thing that was big in 4th was "ageing". Everytime your player got a skill advance, you'd roll 2d6. On the first skill, the aging roll was a 2. So if you rolled a 2 on 2d6, you'd get a niggling injury. In 4th, nigglings were the roll at the beginning of the game and if you roll a 1 you cant play. So, as you play, your powerful guys can end up with say 12 skill stats advances, but have like 6 chances to roll a one and not show up. Youve got this 500K player on your bankroll, but they will probably hardly ever show to play a game. That would suck, and if you were smart youd retire them fast.

Otherwise though it looks fun. Ive played a couple by myself games, as in I would control both teams but that got boring quick. I havent worked up the nerve to play a stranger.. but someone I might.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gluvzer
Commissionaire

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 10:38

Cool, I'll definately sign up tonight and check it out. When you play a game both players have to be logged in I assume? Or do you send moves back and forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Kallidon
Blitzer

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 10:51

Yup, you bet.. both logged in. They use an old IRC chat system to set games up, but if you know the person you just have to trade the IP address of whoever's hosting the game.

It took me awhile to figure out how everything worked, it's definitely not that user friendly down at the end. It's probably been close to 10 years since I used an irc chatline.. but luckily everything comes built into explorer now so you dont have to use a separate program.

If anyone has any problems with it, just let me know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
Commissionaire

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   Fri 27 Mar 2009 - 18:12

I will try to get it set up tonight. As long as the game mechanics are more or less the same as in 5th ed i think it would be pretty cool. I have never used IRC, so i might be giving you a call.

PostSubject: Re: FUMBBL Site   

Back to top Go down

FUMBBL Site
Page 1 of 1